Social Icons

Mid Week Reminder - An Obligatory Post of the Week 5

 
Coming Soon To Common Sense Movie Reviews:
A Bond-bastic Finale - That's right it's time to condense a total of 44 posts (22 movie reviews and 22 in-depth Secret File reviews into what truly matters, the 5 best and 5 worth of everything James Bond. Don't miss out!

Twilight Zone - The Marathon of Reviews - I've watched re-runs of Twilight Zone ever since I could speak, at that time I referred to it as "Twilights"! Stay tuned for an in-depth episode by episode review of all 5 seasons of the hit thriller show.  Guaranteed to take me a year of more to complete!

A Nightmare on Blogger Street - 2 or 3 people voted so now your all going to have to suffer through, or just completely ignore, the next series to receive the James Bond treatment.  That's right I will review all the films in the slasher series and follow each review up with an in-depth Secret File type look at some aspects and characters of each film.  I'm actually looking forward to this especially the additional posts which I plan to get creative on.

What I'm Enjoying:
Univarn vs. TheAnswerMVP2001 - a little challenge we both agreed to, he watches a couple selected films from the Hammer franchise, I watch a couple selected films from director Kurosawa .  So far I think he enjoyed my film choice of The Hound of Baskervilles a little bit more than I did his choice of Yojimbo.

The Canceling of Spider-man 4 - Personally I'm happy Sam Raimi is no longer associated the series, it was my opinon that he ruined Spider-man 3.  Venom should have been the main villain, and the film as a whole was completely corny.  The only one I'm partially sad to see go is Tobey McGuire, but honestly Tobey was a little too goofy for the role I think they could definitely find someone better, lets just hope it's not Jake Gyllenhaal who thinks he's now an action star.

The Collapse of NBC - I saw this coming when NBC first announced their plan to start a new 10 PM late night show.  I've always been a bigger Leno fan than Conan, but I still feel sorry for Conan because he is getting completely screwed, although he really shouldn't be surprised since NBC seems to make nothing but idoit decisions, except for renewing CHUCK.  Of course they only did that to appease the masses of CHUCK fans who threatened to riot and never watch anything else they air, which really isn't anything good anyways.  NBC keeps putting their money in Heroes a show which seems to be getting worse ratings every season, and they cancel shows that end up getting picked up by other networks and beating the crap out of what they have left.  I have an ounce of respect left for them for holding onto CHUCK even though they dragged out the renewal process and then completely slashed their budget, the show is still alive, for how long is the real question because as the last year has proven, anything goes with NBC.  But if anything all this mess will probably raise the ratings of all the late night shows including Letterman as people tune in to see how much everyone cracks jokes about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2008-2016. All posts & reviews are property of CommonSenseMovieReviews and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...