Social Icons

Leap Year (2010)

As I've stated before on many occassions I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy, maybe because I wish finding "true love" could be so easy, but now a days good romantic comedies are extremely hard to come by, and ironically it's just about every four years that a good one comes along.  Leap Year is formulaic, it's predictable, but it's also a good, clean enjoyable, romantic comedy entertainment.  It's quirky, it's funny, it's got a little heart and it's got that great Irish charm that's simply hard for anyone to dislike.

The Good
  • Consistent Laughs - Leap Year does a great job of keeping the flow of the film moving at a steady pace with a consistent amount of goof-ups at the expensive of Amy Adams' character.  Some of them you see coming a mile away yet they still manage to be funny, and a few catch you by surprise.
  • Remarkably Clean - It's hard to find a comedy in general now a days that isn't laced with sex and language, plus I don't remember the last time an adult romantic comedy was rated PG.  This film is proof you can keep it clean and enjoyable.
  • Irish Charm - I don't know what it is about films set in Ireland but they always seem to have a distinct charm about them that hard not to be drawn into.  The combination of the landscape, the people, the lore and their unique humor always brings a smile to my face.

The Bad
  • CGI Backdrops - Quite a few occasions throughout the film it's quite noticeable they're standing in front of a green screen, or in the case of all the automobile scenes they're sitting inside a car in front of a green screen.  It's not a major complaint, but it's a little cheesy looking because it's so blatantly obvious.  I only bring it up because other than the story and the ending being a little predictable I don't have anything bad to say about this film.
8/10



1 comment:

  1. a lovely review, Answer, I loved the film too, especially since I adore Matthew Goode and love Amy Adams heaps. And plus, the film is sooo green .... ;) I love watching movies like this one on Sunday nights to cheer up my mood.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright 2008-2016. All posts & reviews are property of CommonSenseMovieReviews and should not be reproduced in whole, or in part, without express permission from the author.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...